Lemniscate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild on Sunstrider-EU. Formerly known as Pinehearst on Magtheridon-EU

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Application: Mage & Hunter

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wildrose
Forum User

Application: Mage & Hunter Empty
PostSubject: Application: Mage & Hunter   Application: Mage & Hunter EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 5:06 pm

1. Personal Details
Name: Anja

Do you have a working microphone and are you willing to use it? (if the answer is No please stop here)
Yes I have and I'm not afraid to use it. Smile

How often a week can you reasonably be available to raid?
As all humans I have also responsibilities, but they are mostly between the day time, so evenings I'm usually free and have no problem raiding. I will do my best to be available on all raid days.

Do you know anyone in Lemniscate?
Only Vancoven. Been with him in Fable for quite some time.

Do you currently have or will you in the near future have any circumstances which will affect your ability to raid?
Only holidays, exams and other private stuff.

2. Character Details
Class and Spec: Arcane Mage
Level: 80 ofc Smile
Server: Sunstrider, migrated from Kazzak a few weeks ago
/Played (Total & 80): Total: 196 days, 80: 143 days

Professions: Tailoring & JC, Collecting recipes, so have almost all. Also cooking, fishing maxed.

Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sunstrider&cn=Wildr%C3%B3se

Please provide us with a screenshot of your UI: http://www.shrani.si/?1i/11E/31gptfO0/wowscrnshot031010164339.jpg

Please provide a link to your level 80 raiding spec: Armory link?

Do you have any high level alts (i.e. lvl 60+)?: Have only 2 atm, a DK & a druid.

State an achievement that your proud of: Hmmm hard to say one, trying to do most achievements I can. Anyway, like the Seeker title (3k quests), It's Over Nine Thousand.
Oh, almost forgot, 100 mounts ach. About ach. In raids, have too low for my opinion, want to have more!

3. Previous Experience
Please list the guilds you have previously been a member of. What experiences did you have with these guilds and why did you leave them?
First raiding guild I was in was called Righteous Sin, soon disbanded... we tried to merge with one guild but it did not went well... Next guild is Fable (Fable EU in Sunstrider), I am in this guild for more then one year, have some IRL friends there, but the progress is not looking so good. We migrated to this server from Kazzak because it was not playable. Hoped here will go better, but same people keep dcing... finding new people was harder because nobody knows us here. I want to see more dedication to raiding, but the interest here is falling from week to week. I like new challenges, not wiping on the same bosses for months with the same ppl failing. I love the guild and the people but I see no future here anymore.

Please list what raid experience you have had on any character both in vanilla wow, TBC and WotLK
I raided Naxx, Malygos, OS, then Ulduar, did a few hardmodes, would do more, but people were just failing and some did not show interest in it. Then toc & togc. Sadly we could not down Anub on HC (25), just given up on him. ICC25 I just lack Blood Queen, Sindragosa & ofc LK. On icc10, we came to LK, but could not find ppl in our guild, so we had to pug it a bit.

4. Character Knowledge
What stats do you value when choosing a new piece of gear and why?
Before looting any kind of gear I like to do a bit of calculating in Rawr to see what combination suits me the best. Hit cap must be ofc, then I'm choosing sp + haste items. Also crit, but prioritizing haste.

What do you feel your role in the raid is? Choose a fight which you are familiar with and you feel displays your classes role well and explain how you perform your task in this fight
In any fight I sheep, CS, SS if needed (2. Boss in ICC have all 3 stuff), have to switch to adds quick (spikes, adds on 2. boss, bloodbeasts, oozez on prof.,...), burst my damage & CDs when needed also using AM on 4. boss & on Dreamwalker. Not beeing blind on figths, look for danges and survive. Think that is all, if you want to know more about a particular fight, just ask.

What glyphs have you chosen for raiding purposes and why?
Not really a science here:
Glyph of Arcane Blast
Glyph of Molten Armor
Glyph of Arcane Missiles
AB is my main spell & MBAM, Molten armor is also a must for the crit bonus.

What addons do you feel would help you perform your role in a raid?
I like to have an eye on all the raid, so if I don't have raid frames I feel kinda lost and have no idea how the fight goes on. Don't like the standard UI from blizz so I can do a bit of remaking and repositioning on my skills on bars. Also blizz cast bar sucks. Smile Would die without decursive, so easy to decurse & sheep if necessary. Power Auras are great to have to help u track some procs, Satrina buff frames are handy because I can move any buffs, debuffs where I want them and also separate CDs and other important stuff. Oh, don't forget about DBM! Hmm what else do I have... Hehe, Recount Smile and Omen. In Fable I was taking care of buffs, so RBS addon – only thing I hate is that they don't have buffs for pets. Think that is most of what I have atm.

5. Mandatory questions
Top 3 favourite songs: Hard one... have a lot.. really a lot of favourite songs (mostly Metal & Rock). :/ But on, top3 I'm listening to atm are: Sirenia – The Path To Decay, Charon – Colder, For My Pain – Dancer In The Dark
Top 5 favourite movies / series: Smallville, SG-1, Avatar, Pirates of the Caribbean, Lord Of The Rings,...
Favourite book (one will do, even if it's just the Ikea catalogue): Hmm been in cooking books recently trying some new stuff here at home. I do like Agatha Christie... but like to watching movies more then reading books.
Name 3 WoW related sites and discuss how they are useful tools for bettering your raiding ability:
MMO-champion – check it almost every day for any news about WoW.
Elitist Jerks – if I need any information about new changes and loot. They give great advices.
TankSpot – tactics for new encounters.
Are you a keyboard turner?
I do use keyboard for mayority of my skills, but I do turn with my mouse – it goes faster.
What is your greatest weakness as a WoW player? What do you do to counteract this?
Haha, my greatest weakness are cute pets Very Happy and mounts.
What is your your greatest strength as a WoW player?
I can make struddles out of thin air! And they are my grandmother's recipe!
Well to be real... I like to take care of ppl, especially to be all properly buffed before the boss pull. Not realy a strenght, but it's something I'm proud of.
Are you the original owner of your WoW Account?
Yes.

6. Motivation and Ambition
What do you believe you can bring to 'Lemniscate' and what do you feel you can get of the guild?
I can bring a decent dps, a player who likes to see everyone properly prepared for a fight. Have tailoring & JC almost all recipes (missing only a few rares, low lvl ones), can also cook anything you want. Smile Think Vancoven can tell you more about this.
About what I feel I can get from your guild... I want challenges, hardmodes! I want to see dedication to succeed and down any kind of encounter.

We are going to attempt a new boss this week, how do you prepare yourself for the encounter?
Tactics & watching movies are a must. About other things I'm already prepared on all raids.

Is there anything else you have to add that you feel could help your application?
Think I said all that is relevant for now. Smile

7. Final
A good joke:
Not really a joke, but I found it funny:
http://www.shrani.si/f/2n/x8/28GI0Qpy/mage-fun.jpg

--------------------------------------
Now for my sexy imba hunter: Smile
--------------------------------------

1. Personal Details
Name: Matej

Do you have a working microphone and are you willing to use it? (if the answer is No please stop here)
I have working mic.

How often a week can you reasonably be available to raid?
Everyday if needed. At home 19:00-23:00 max to 24:00, at GF's place 19:00-until needed.

Do you know anyone in Lemniscate?
Yes, I know Vancoven, he came from our guild also.

Do you currently have or will you in the near future have any circumstances which will affect your ability to raid?
No.

2. Character Details
Class and Spec: Hunter BM/MM
Level: 80
Server: Sunstrider
/Played (Total & 80): 116days, 9 hours, 7 minutes, 31 seconds and counting... for total and 89days, 23 hours, 22 minutes and 13 seconds and counting on lvl 80.
This was my first char so I lvled little longer...

Professions: alchemy / enchanting

Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sunstrider&cn=Numean%C3%B3r

Please provide us with a screenshot of your UI: http://www.shrani.si/?e/id/4EIpJT6o/wowscrnshot031010164320.jpg

Please provide a link to your level 80 raiding spec: It can be seen from armory...

Do you have any high level alts (i.e. lvl 60+)?: Yes I have 6 and 3 more lvling.

State an achievement that your proud of:Nume FD!!! You f**ing aggro machine!!! (after 3 min of fight already rolled on and I FD-ed 3 times in row).

3. Previous Experience
Please list the guilds you have previously been a member of. What experiences did you have with these guilds and why did you leave them?
I migrated from Kazzak realm where I was in: Righteous Sin, after naxx we broke appart and merged with some other guild which also fall apart pretty soon. After that I joined Fable and I stayed here until now. In ulduar we had pretty nice progress on normal mode, but we couldn't do almost any hardmodes because of lack of ppl and they were joking around too much. As Fable never was so hardcore we raided to have as much fun as we could. We farmed 2 legendary healing maces in ulduar and that was it. We have cleared ToC and have done hardmodes in ToC up to Anub. I'm only missing it. We were trying several times, but after some weeks of wiping ppl gave up and then ICC came out. Now we have done all bosses except: blood queen, sindragosa and LK. On 10 man I killed all bosses only LK missing.

Please list what raid experience you have had on any character both in vanilla wow, TBC and WotLK
I started playing at end of TBC. I lvled up very fast and starting raiding when WOLTK came out in naxx. I usualy had bad luck with guilds so I haven't made progress through raids fast, but I still have done some hard modes in ulduar, naxx and ToC. ToGC 4/5 and ICC25 9/10, on 10 man came till LK.

4. Character Knowledge
What stats do you value when choosing a new piece of gear and why?
Last time I value most arpen for both BM and MM, after that I wish to have enough hit, enough crit and as much RAP as I can get.

What do you feel your role in the raid is? Choose a fight which you are familiar with and you feel displays your classes role well and explain how you perform your task in this fight
I was class leader in fable. My primary job was to guide other hunters and my ass to put hunter's mark on mobs, MD whenever needed, trap mobs to boost DPS or slow them and save others. And ofc main job: nukage on mobs. To show them how it is to feel to have some arrows in the ass.

What glyphs have you chosen for raiding purposes and why?
In MM specc I use glyphs to reduce CD's of my shots so I can use them as much as possible. And also steady shot glyph because I want to boost this shot as much as I can. As BM I have serpent sting glyph so I don't need to reapply it so often, steady shot glyph to boost it and BW glyph to reduce CD and use pew pew button moar often.

What addons do you feel would help you perform your role in a raid?
I use: DBM, quartz, powerauras, simpleMD, recount, omen, bartender, sexycooldown,...

5. Mandatory questions
Top 3 favourite songs: Loreena McKennitt - Marco Polo, Dan ar Braz - Left in Peace, Carlos Nuńez & Amigos - An Dro, Bézèd'h - Eric Adams
Top 5 favourite movies / series: LoTR, Avatar, House (the doctor who is funnydunno if this is correct title), McGyver...
Favourite book (one will do, even if it's just the Ikea catalogue): LoTR, Histor of middle Earth, Harry Potter (yeah laugh but I like it Razz), Angels and Demons, DaVinci Code,... I love good books Very Happy
Name 3 WoW related sites and discuss how they are useful tools for bettering your raiding ability:
MMO-champion - here I read news and forums to stay in touch, Elitejerks, Bigredkitty was my favourite, huntsmanslodge.com for hunter resources...
Are you a keyboard turner?
No I turn around with my mouse. But I have some skills unbided so I have to click them. (those r usualy those that I don't use almost never). I have Wow MMO mouse and I have binded on mouse via bartender4 almost all shots on my 15 mouse buttons. I have a lot of macros made for CD's, pet management, and other utility stuff (like MD on focus and so on). I also often make macrs for every encounter. Example: for ToC 2nd boss HM I have macro for fast targeting portals and volcanos, fro blood council in ICC I have macro to auto send pet on kinetic bombs so I can still stay on boss and nuke the shit out of him,... U don't wanna see my macro list, it's too long.
What is your greatest weakness as a WoW player? What do you do to counteract this?
I get nervous pretty fast specialy in pvp. I stopped playing arena. When I'm nervous I like some minutes break after each boss so I can go and chill... This is why we have trash in raids!
What is your your greatest strength as a WoW player?
Abusing game mechanics and macros. I usualy do some wierd stuff in raids which can result in my death sometimes but I never fall not to make a lot of damage around myself Smile
Are you the original owner of your WoW Account?
Yes ofc.

6. Motivation and Ambition
What do you believe you can bring to 'Lemniscate' and what do you feel you can get of the guild?
I can bring as same I have to other previous guild. Me, my pet, my gear and some pretty nice skillz around da corner. I know my class and I preffer my own playstyle. I expect from guild to organize raids, to let me be there and do my job. I wish to be respected as any other member of the guild and to be correctly awarded with items from loot that I need most. (not to give DBW trinket to enh. shaman over MM hunter!!!).

We are going to attempt a new boss this week, how do you prepare yourself for the encounter?
I go read the tacts and watch some movies. I bring with me some additional ammo and food. I try to check the fight if there need to be done some changes in talents to make as much from fight as possible. But most of times I can only say that I can learn fight after a lot of wipes or after we kill the fight. I learn most best when I see encounter by myself.

Is there anything else you have to add that you feel could help your application?
Don't make me specc SV because I don't even have gear for that and I don't even like that specc. I like to make sure that every member in raid r doing their job and not only boosting their asses but to look around also for other ppl to help.

7. Final
A good joke:
How NOT to play hunter in raids:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y7MGWW1Xqc

Last edited by Wildrose on Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vancoven
Forum User

PostSubject: my officer friends from fable ! :)   Application: Mage & Hunter EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 5:13 pm

really nice ppl .. was officer with them in fable..
always there for the raids.. know the fights 100 %
they are both really top players .. and really nice ppl .. Smile

if we need mage and hunter try them out Smile
gl nume and wildrose Smile
Back to top Go down
Wildrose
Forum User

PostSubject: Re: Application: Mage & Hunter   Application: Mage & Hunter EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 8:58 pm

I'm withdrawing the application, thank you for your time & sorry for bothering.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application: Mage & Hunter   Application: Mage & Hunter Empty

Back to top Go down

Application: Mage & Hunter
Page 1 of 1