Lemniscate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild on Sunstrider-EU. Formerly known as Pinehearst on Magtheridon-EU

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mage Application!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wispxlol

Mage Application! Empty
PostSubject: Mage Application!   Mage Application! EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 12:46 am

I hope you don't mind me using my own application, if requested I'll change!

I thought i'd add this first to give you an idea about my background!

Some words about yourself: (outside of WoW, the more info the better):

Hi, my names Jared Monkman; after my school years / GCSE's I went to college for 1 year and got some UCAS points, I took about a year off, to go travel in some countries; and now have came back to college and am taking a diploma in Media Production, level 3. I'm currently living in England, Kent (Just south of London).

I'm a retired semi-pro DotA player; was in a team called 'Pushin' - I traveled to one of the first arranged DotA tournaments in London with the team, back when we were division 1 and we came 3rd, out of 86 teams attending. My early experience with games happened very young with bubble boble on the comadore, I also had the origionalo pong game. I started playing RPG games on the gamecubs, followed by being introduced to starcraft - I loved the micro, so played starcraft, followed to all the blizzard games including orcs and humans, warcraft 3 and Tft; in which I started playing DotA. My DotA career came to an end after I finished traveling and I went casual on it.

I've played WoW since the Undead alpha and started as a Mage, I played throughout vanilla as an officer in Fire of DUNE. We achieved several first kills which will be explained later on in the application.

Right now, I've moved to Dentarg to play with some real life friends - One who has been in Bad Omen for a while too. I saw you were #2 on realm, and thought I needed some competition ahead of me, so I applied. Hoping to return to the hardcore environment which I haven't had much interest in since TBC. Getting ready for Cataclysm.

I went to the midnight opening in London - Oxford street where I was #12 in que and was featured on the BBC news, as i was queing since early hours the previous morning - Being selfish to my friends I took the #12 writsband and they got #13, #14, #15. I'm going to be going to the midnight opening for Cataclysm aswell, where I would hope to see some of you!

I was #1 on realm achievements for a while in wotlk, but then went mildly inactive in which I was overtaken majorly! Lacking behind on 9200 ish points now!

I hope you don't consider this as a wall of text of an application,I hope you have fun reading the rest; and i hope to hear from you soon, thanks - Wispx!

Name: Jared Monkman
Sex: Male
Nationality: English

Character name: Wispxlol
Class: Mage
Professions: 450 Alchemy, 450 Engineering, 450 Fishing, 450 Cooking, 450 First Aid.
English skill: (Bad/Average/Good): It's my first language, so i'd say pretty good.

(You and PvE)

Previous guilds and whats your reason for leaving? Well, I played on Burning Legion since the game was released, I've had this account since the day the game was released too, hence the origional collectors edition ft of str! Anyway - I played through vanilla in Fire of DUNE on BL and achieved every realm first kill (Except AQ20/40), including Kel'Thuzad. In TBC I transfered realm and played in a guild called wipe faster in which I achieved the BT / hyal first kills; I was a little inactive through SSC/TK times, although i still managed to get hand of adal and champion of the naaru etc! I cleared SWP too. In Wotlk I wasn't very active at the start, although I returned to raiding in Ulduar where i completed most Ulduar hard modes, the guild had the meta, although I wasn't there for a few kills, so i miss 2-3 of the achievements there, although I have 50/70 achievements there or so. I raided Trial of the Crusader and got realm first twins kill.

I've recently transfered to Dentarg as I have a few real life friends there who play PvP, and also a real life friend who's been in Bad Omen for a while now (One of worlds top guilds since release).

My play time is whenever to be honest; I work on Fridays and Saturdays, so I won't be able to raid on them two days. I can play from anytime until whatever time (Not exxagerating!)

Why do you want to join us? I would like to start to go mainstream hardcore throughout Icecrown in preparation for Cataclysm where I will also be maintining the hardcore attitude.

What do you expect from Cadre? A nice friendly environment in and out of raids, hope to meet some new people aswell as playing in a hardcore environment who can progress at a steady, high level of skill.

Anyone in the guild who can vouch for you? Don't think so, but could provide a name or 2 in Bad Omen who could vouch for me if requested.

How many days a week you can raid? 5/7 - sunday, monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday.

Post your Armory profile here:

What computer are u using to play World of Warcraft?

------------------
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM (4GB)
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
Some £100 Titanium sound card for the surround sound!

What is your FPS in raids? 100+ most of the time, on graphical based encounters ranges between 40 and 60.
What is your latency in raids?around 40, used recude latency trick which I found on the forums.
How is your connection stability? Very nice, live close to the main hub.
Do you have ventrillo and a working microphone and can you use it? Can use vent, TS, skype and yes, I can speak in my British accent

What is your specc atm and are you willing to change it for us? I can change it whenever, right now it is Arcane and Frost dual spec. But if i'm accepted i'll probably change it too frostfire and arcane if needed or Fire and Arcane if you've stopped TOGC.

What kind of roles do you enjoy having in raids? I used to be an officer in vanilla, so have exp on how to lead a raid but I can support; buff and table wise! But also pull out very nice dps, on multiple fights.

Tell us a bit in your own words which spells/abilities you prefer, which group setup, what consumables you use to max your performance: I have alchemy, so always use flask of the frost wyrm, and if there's no feast i'll use firecracker food, SP + stamina. I use scorchio, so I can easily see when my spells proc, I liek arcane spec the most, as even in heroics I can pull out 9k+ dps on fights.

Do you consider yourself aware of your surroundings in game, for example are you able to move out of AOE effects fast? (be honest)
Haha, well - I didn't think this question would pop up, but ofcourse; I'm sure some of you raided Naxx pre-bc, and much harder instances than the weak instances these days - You'll notice I don't fuck up. It would by hypocritical after raid-leading in much harder situations to screw up on the 'move out of the fire' raids now!

As you may have guessed, I'm real life friends with Izzak. He can probably vouch for me.

Will you be able to read all the forum? Yup, even at work, I love reading forums and will always contribute to the community.

Thanks for reading this and hope to hear your decision soon, Wispx!

On your app form I thought I'd add, I like the
Films: Trainspotting, Lock Stock, Green Street etc.
Series: Family Guy, Futurama, PRISON BREAK.
Music: I'm a level headed guy, I listen to all music, going to Download Fest this year with Izzak, Motorhead, ACDC, also like Dubstep, DnB, Jazz, Soul, Reggae, etc!
Back to top Go down
Izzak
Forum User
Izzak

Mage Application! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage Application!   Mage Application! EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 12:49 am

I shall vouch for him, we know each other IRL so i dont have a choice mwahaha

nah im kidding, hes imba
Back to top Go down
Squeeshy
Admin
Squeeshy

Mage Application! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage Application!   Mage Application! EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 1:40 am

when u copy paste stuff such as ur old apps it's nice to change details such as the guild name that you're applying to for example ;| declined.
Back to top Go down
https://lemniscate.forumotion.com
Miriel
Forum User
Miriel

Mage Application! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage Application!   Mage Application! EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 2:05 am

Quote :
Do you consider yourself aware of your surroundings in game, for example are you able to move out of AOE effects fast? (be honest)
Haha, well - I didn't think this question would pop up,

I lol'd at this xD copy + pasting is bad! especially when u put these things that doesn't make sense for any of us tbh xD since well... we didn't ask u that question, u did!

tbh I thought U seemed a nice guy and stuff, but try putting some effort in to making an application cuz in here u didn't even bother changing names and realms and stuff :p
Back to top Go down
wispxlol

Mage Application! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage Application!   Mage Application! EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 2:11 am

I'm gonna re-write it, I'm lazy and I suck, brb!
Back to top Go down
Inevitable
Forum User
Inevitable

Mage Application! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage Application!   Mage Application! EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 3:28 am

Im not sure if re-writing will take up for the 1st impression you did there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mage Application! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage Application!   Mage Application! Empty

Back to top Go down

Mage Application!
Page 1 of 1