Lemniscate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild on Sunstrider-EU. Formerly known as Pinehearst on Magtheridon-EU

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Failberry - Mage

Go down 
+2
adroa
Nilandra
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Failberr

Failberry - Mage Empty
PostSubject: Failberry - Mage   Failberry - Mage EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 11:27 pm

1. Personal Details
Name: Juho

Do you have a working microphone and are you willing to use it? (if the answer is No please stop here)
Yes.
How often a week can you reasonably be available to raid?
Most of the time I will be available for every raid, if not I will let people know in advance.
Do you know anyone in Lemniscate?
No.
Do you currently have or will you in the near future have any circumstances which will affect your ability to raid?

No.

2. Character Details

Class and Spec: Mage - Arcane
Level: 80
Server: Sunstrider
/Played (Total & 80):
Total time played: 102 days, 0 hours, 3 minutes, 1 second
Time played this level: 52 days, 2 hours, 30 minutes, 37 seconds
Professions:
Tailoring - 444 (Lighweave Embroidery)
Enchanting - 417 (Ring enchants)
Armory Link:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sunstrider&cn=Failberry
Please provide us with a screenshot of your UI:
https://2img.net/h/oi47.tinypic.com/28ixqon.jpg
Please provide a link to your level 80 raiding spec:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#of0Vcd0IzxGurxedcZbhf0o
Do you have any high level alts (i.e. lvl 60+)?:
Veedy - lvl 80 enhancement shaman. http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sunstrider&cn=Veedy
Fuuk - lvl 80 hunter. http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sunstrider&cn=Fuuk
Those are the alts I still play on. I also have a level 80 restoration druid, Rageguy on sunstrider + Lvl 80 protection paladin, Unknownn on SS alliance.
State an achievement that your proud of:
Glory of the Raider 10 player + Plagued Proto-Drake
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 player + Rusted Proto-Drake.
Can't think of any others right now.

3. Previous Experience

Please list the guilds you have previously been a member of. What experiences did you have with these guilds and why did you leave them?
Incognito - Left for Randoms due to my friends going there.
Randoms - Merged with Incognito into:
Aftermath - Left due to very bad atmosphere, faction changed to horde and joined Aphorism.
Had a little break just before ICC, was going to try aion with a few friends, it was horrible so I came back about a month ago. This was my first and only break from WoW I've had during my 3 years of active play.
Please list what raid experience you have had on any character both in vanilla wow, TBC and WotLK

Vanilla - None I'm afraid.

TBC
Kara/Gruul/Maggy/ZA - Fully cleared before any nerfs.
SSC/TK - Fully cleared before any nerfs.
Hyjal/BT - Fully cleared before any nerfs.
Sunwell - Cleared up to M'uru pre-nerf, fully after nerf.

WotLK
Glory of the Raider 10 completed.
Glory of the Raider 25, lacking Immortal.
Glory of the Ulduar raider 10 completed. Also killed Algalon 10.
Lacking a few from the 25 version.
ToGC 10 with Tribute to Insanity.
ToGC 25 lacking an Anub kill, this is when I took my break for aion.
Icc 10 until LK on my shaman/hunter/this one.
Icc 25 Until LK on my mage, missed a few bosses but I've killed Professor + Sindragosa in 25m.

4. Character Knowledge

What stats do you value when choosing a new piece of gear and why?

First of all I go for the hit cap, which as arcane is ridiculously easy, very easy to get overcapped aswell. After hit I prioritize SP, while maintaining
a good amount of haste.

What do you feel your role in the raid is? Choose a fight which you are familiar with and you feel displays your classes role well and explain how you perform your task in this fight

I'm a mage so I'm dpsing the npcs I'm supposed to destroy 95% of the time. If needed I will also be decursing and polymorphing (at least in TBC!).
As an example I could use something different, Council from BT. As the tank of the mage mob I just make sure I maintain my aggro from the target and keep spellstealing the buff he keeps casting, while being aware of everyones location and moving if necessary.

What glyphs have you chosen for raiding purposes and why?

For arcane I'm justing glyphs of Arcane Missiles, Arcane Blast and Molten armor as my major glyphs. In my experience they provide the highest dps for me. As minor glyphs I use glyph of slow fall just for the heck of it, and glyphs of frost armor/fire armor. This way I can absorb more damage in fights where I need it, which boosts my SP due to the arcane talent, Incanter's Absorption. It also improves my survivability.

What addons do you feel would help you perform your role in a raid?

DBM. Omen. Decursive. Nothing else is really important, but for a fuctioning UI I of course use more than just these but they are the ones that affect my raiding the most.

5.Mandatory questions

- Top 3 favourite songs: Can't name top 3, Metallica has way too many good ones but one of the best ones would be And justtice for all.
- Top 5 favourite movies / series: House, The Simpsons, Zombieland (just watched it I thought it was good lol).. nothing pops into my mind right now, but there are plenty of others!
- Favourite book (one will do, even if it's just the Ikea catalogue): I always have a Donald Duck nearby when I enter ze toilet.
- Name 3 WoW related sites and discuss how they are useful tools for bettering your raiding ability: Elitist Jerks, can check the latest specs, see everything I need to know about, from example theorycrafting to BiS gear and specs. I also use Balthas spreadsheet (Paragon's mage) to see what gear/rotation I should be using to maximize my dps.
- Are you a keyboard turner? Oh hell yeah! No.
- What is your greatest weakness as a WoW player? What do you do to counteract this? School. Limits my time, but hey who needs education?
- What is your your greatest strength as a WoW player? I always know what I'm doing, at least 99.99% of the time and when I don't I don't pretend that I do, if that made any sense to you.
- Are you the original owner of your WoW Account?
Yes.

6. Motivation and Ambition

What do you believe you can bring to 'Lemniscate' and what do you feel you can get of the guild?

I can bring you a mature player with a good sense of humour who is always in time, ready to raid all enchanted/gemmed and flasked up. I'm hoping that I can find people with similar goals in game, and some funny people to talk to, even when we're not raiding but maybe playing pvp or just trolling in gchat.

We are going to attempt a new boss this week, how do you prepare yourself for the encounter?

Tons of flasks, tons of potions, a lot of beer, good attitude. I've also of course read the tactics and looked at videos etc. so I would know what to do.

Is there anything else you have to add that you feel could help your application?
Nope.

7. Final
- A good joke: Women's rights. (I hope I'm not offending anyone lol.)
Aaand another one, wow related: How many GMs does it take to fix a bug? None, it's not a bug it's a feature!

Sorry about the wall of text.
Cheers,
//Failberry out
Back to top Go down
Nilandra
Forum User

Failberry - Mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failberry - Mage   Failberry - Mage EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 5:19 pm

I liked the application alot, very well written. I must admit that your english level is rather high compared to your age and nationality, as I've never met a finnish guy that is a fluent as you ;p.

Your overall experience seems nice, and you are one of the few people that has the brainpower to post links to armory and UI's etc. Your UI is pretty nice, I used to play with the same one for a period of time, can't remember what it was called though. As I'm not a master of the mage class I won't comment on your gems/spec/enchants and so on, just my general feel of this application. I'll let the judging be up to Glexar.

But overall nice application, you seem like a nice guy, and since we are lacking a mage you would prob be a good candadite.

Just my two cents!
Back to top Go down
adroa
Forum User

Failberry - Mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failberry - Mage   Failberry - Mage EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 5:56 pm

I would take the chest, belt and gloves socket bonus like u did with the shoulders. It would give a small dps increase of like 10/20 dps overall.

Also spec out of frostbite because in rare occasions it could get someone killed Smile For example if u go crazy and decide to use cone of cold it could freeze the mob and one shot a nearby player. So put the 2 points in improved frostbolt just to be save Smile

Overall a very nice app tho! Smile
Back to top Go down
Unborn
Forum User
Unborn

Failberry - Mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failberry - Mage   Failberry - Mage EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 6:34 pm

/agree take the frost talent for hit or whats it called :S
Back to top Go down
adroa
Forum User

Failberry - Mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failberry - Mage   Failberry - Mage EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 6:37 pm

Unborn wrote:
/agree take the frost talent for hit or whats it called :S
Neh, frostbite and improved frostbolt are tier 1. Elemental precision is tier 2 Smile The 2 points are useless filling for the first tier but improved frostbolt is the best option.
Back to top Go down
Failberry
Forum User

Failberry - Mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failberry - Mage   Failberry - Mage EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 8:12 pm

Thanks for the quick replies. I'll try to make that little change to my spec, + I'm only 1 emblem of frost away from my t10 chest so I won't be regemming this one Smile
Back to top Go down
Glexar
Forum User
Glexar

Failberry - Mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failberry - Mage   Failberry - Mage EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:11 pm

Wall-o-text inc so read carefully and answer every question please, or at least most, If you don't know answers for some:

Why do you have only 2 piece T9 set bonus? I can't believe you didn't have enough emblems to at least get the ilvl251 ones. Let's assume u have emblems: which parts would u choose?

Why are you more than 200hit over cap? I know there's hit everywhere, but u can't just let it happen, your dps suffers.

There's a stuff(software) that would tell you which items are better upgreades than others, doesn't require much effort, and you see the difference almost instantly, after u do what it says. If you care, you'll do some research and find it's name urself.

Also I'd like to hear why you are using those trinket's (I just would like to hear some reasoning behind it, as there are far better trinkets easily accessible).

Minor stuff:

Usually if the bonus is 7sp+ you're aiming for the socket bonuses, but that's what Adroa already pointed out.

2 points in Student of the Mind, If you can show me some math, or at least copy it from somewhere, so you can see what kind of dps are those 2 points really giving u. Either 1 more point in IA for that free sp and range, or both points into increased range, so you can have more uptime, instead of running (which is present at almost every boss).

Btw - frostbite pwns when trying to kite those saurfang adds when no1 cares about it =P why should I care about them then? If it happens and they wont move they'll die =P. Nuke those adds!
Back to top Go down
Failberry
Forum User

Failberry - Mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failberry - Mage   Failberry - Mage EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:28 pm

Alright I'll try to cover your questions to the best of my ability.
#1 My trinkets are that bad because I'm a very very very unlucky person.
#2 Hit is going down by 88 hit rating when I get my new chest (tomorrow).
#3 I have only acquired 94 emblems overall since I haven't had a decent guild since ICC came out. I've only pugged and the pugs are usually terribad.

I will do better gemming aswell that's np.
Hope there was enough.

EDIT: + I'll try to find where I got the spec from. I read a post by Baltha from paragon he is using this spec and explained well why it's good. Couldn't find it now but I'll do my best to find it.
EDIT #2: I now have the emblems for my chest, so my hit will go down by a good amount.

Last edited by Failberry on Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Glexar
Forum User
Glexar

Failberry - Mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failberry - Mage   Failberry - Mage EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:44 pm

#1 By very very very unlucky u mean that u can't get 50 emblems for the vendor trinket( triumph emblems*) and can't even farm toc normal so u get abyssal rune? Both of those are better than what u've got atm.

#2 It's ok to drop hit, but you shouldn't let it rise that high in the first place. That's bad.

#3 Well here I can't help, hope u'll get more luck on getting theese. However if I could be arsed to count daily hc + weekly raid (which is fairly easy) I think you could get some more. Yet idd pugs fail so can't compare.
Back to top Go down
Failberry
Forum User

Failberry - Mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failberry - Mage   Failberry - Mage EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:47 pm

I do have 50 eot but int? Well np I can use it.
Hit went that high I can't help it but no worries I'm going to get it down really soon.
+ I've done weekly raids + daily heroics, I really haven't had any more emblems of frost.
Back to top Go down
Glexar
Forum User
Glexar

Failberry - Mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failberry - Mage   Failberry - Mage EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:55 pm

I could link u some1's app but I won't do that, simply because I didn't ask him. You'd be suprised how good that trinket is, I'll give u it's order of best - worst as u seem to actually care.

Icc25 one (dislodged foreign object) - toc25 (Reign of dead) - icc10 (muradin spyglass) - this int trinket - vezax25HM(flare of heavens) - scale of fates - abyssal rune - pandora's plea

Then some more stuff. Forgive me spelling of those as I simply didn't check it. Obviously heroic versions are better than normal ones.

Value of int/haste on perma equip trinkets depends on ur gear so sometimes rune might be over plea, sometimes talisman is even on top or close to (15min fight on LK for example). They vary depending on time of fight / your current stats / raid makeup. You can't count all of that by yourself that's why you should find that soft Razz
Back to top Go down
Failberry
Forum User

Failberry - Mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failberry - Mage   Failberry - Mage EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 11:00 pm

Thanks for the quick reply again. I'll get the int trinket np Smile But it's true that I've been VERY unlucky with the others.
Back to top Go down
adroa
Forum User

Failberry - Mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failberry - Mage   Failberry - Mage EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 11:00 pm

Glexar wrote:
Btw - frostbite pwns when trying to kite those saurfang adds when no1 cares about it =P why should I care about them then? If it happens and they wont move they'll die =P. Nuke those adds!
Could mean assraping by Squeeshy when it happens on 25 man hc xD
But hey.. who wouldnt love that Razz
Back to top Go down
Squeeshy
Admin
Squeeshy

Failberry - Mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failberry - Mage   Failberry - Mage EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 11:06 pm

i'm immortal adroa, l2p
Back to top Go down
https://lemniscate.forumotion.com
Failberry
Forum User

Failberry - Mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failberry - Mage   Failberry - Mage EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 8:06 pm

Hey again. Going away until tuesday/wednesday and might not be able to read this forum until that.
Also updated my gear a bit, ashen verdict now revered, got the legs from festergut and I also got a new trinket.
Back to top Go down
Polygon

Failberry - Mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failberry - Mage   Failberry - Mage EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 12:01 pm

I was not going to reply, but I saw you wrote that u did not had any decent guild since ICC released! Okey, lets go over it ! You are very good in writing applications, but you are very bad in dps/performance, you had your chance to prove what you wrote in application when joined Polygon as trail, but you failed and only thing you were saying was " This is all I can, I can't do more... give gear " You did not even mentioned you were in Polygon and failed your trail!

ps: I'm not trying to ruin your application dude, just don't lie !

Good luck and have fun !
Back to top Go down
Failberr

Failberry - Mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failberry - Mage   Failberry - Mage EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 2:24 pm

I didn't fail performance wise either, I was a mere 1k or so dps behind your super geared mages. I was in the guild for 2 weeks and got invited into 2 raids, was moved from confirmed to standby at elast twice. I asked the reason "had to change setup". I've never had any complaints from other guilds, funnily enough.
Back to top Go down
Failberry
Forum User

Failberry - Mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failberry - Mage   Failberry - Mage EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 1:22 am

Polygon wrote:
I was not going to reply, but I saw you wrote that u did not had any decent guild since ICC released! Okey, lets go over it ! You are very good in writing applications, but you are very bad in dps/performance, you had your chance to prove what you wrote in application when joined Polygon as trail, but you failed and only thing you were saying was " This is all I can, I can't do more... give gear " You did not even mentioned you were in Polygon and failed your trail!

ps: I'm not trying to ruin your application dude, just don't lie !

Good luck and have fun !

I didn't get kicked for failing trial, I left due to not getting raiding spots. And what comes to me being bad dps/performance wide, you hardly had any time to see that since I didn't get any raiding spots. Sorry about all the explaining and all I hope I can prove myself right in a raid instead of arguing about stupid stuff on the forums.
Back to top Go down
Squeeshy
Admin
Squeeshy

Failberry - Mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failberry - Mage   Failberry - Mage EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 1:55 am

Be online @ 19.50 server time this wednesday for an invite and your first raid. ;p Ask bobbles or stonedcow or rusted or jíanna or squeeshy for an invite.
Back to top Go down
https://lemniscate.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Failberry - Mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failberry - Mage   Failberry - Mage Empty

Back to top Go down

Failberry - Mage
Page 1 of 1