Share | 

Evident, Combat Rogue

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Evident

PostSubject: Evident, Combat Rogue   Sat May 08, 2010 2:15 am

1. Personal Details
Name: Daniel

Do you have a working microphone and are you willing to use it? (if the answer is No please stop here)
Yes.

How often a week can you reasonably be available to raid?
I can raid almost everyday except friday and saturday, because it's the weekend and I don't know under what influence I will be Smile

Do you know anyone in Lemniscate?
Not really but I'm looking forward on meeting all of you.

Do you currently have or will you in the near future have any circumstances which will affect your ability to raid?
Probably a job but I will let you know in advance. You don't have to worry though, if I applied it means I'm very committed to this.

2. Character Details
Class and Spec: I play a Combat Rogue and altho I have some really good offpieces for my mutilate spec I prefer to remain combat for the raid buff and the nice sustained DPS.
Level: 80
Server: Sunstrider
/Played (Total & 80): I started playing again in January and I have 46 days and 22 hours

Professions: Mining/JC (will drop mining to take up engi for the nice enchants as soon as I level my alt)

Armory Link:

Please provide us with a screenshot of your UI: this is me in my good days and this is me doing my dailies

Please provide a link to your level 80 raiding spec:

Do you have any high level alts (i.e. lvl 60+)?: DKs don't count right? Smile

State an achievement that your proud of: I'm not really an achievement whore (pardon my tongue) but I remember when I wanted to get my Going Down? achievement and it was bugged, no matter how high I would've jumped I just couldn't get it. I spend like 4 hours in one night just to jump over the zeppelin in tirisfal glades dieing then getting some of my mates helping with levitate shield and all of that and I still couldn't get it. Only after a GM dropped me from the highest place ever and shielded me I could get it. It was fun tho, it was like the hardest achievement I tried to get lol.

3. Previous Experience
Please list the guilds you have previously been a member of. What experiences did you have with these guilds and why did you leave them?
Well I re-started playing WoW in January and got into this guild called The United Darkforces, they were a pretty casual guild and nice guys, we still remained friends because they were like the only ones that took me to raid in icc without having any idea of what wotlk is all about. As I grew in experience and gear I started wanting more and more every time, and because they were casual raiders I decided to aim for something a bit higher.

I then joined this semi-hardcore-casual guild I'm currently in called Ninth Revelation. Here I started experiencing the end-game content which I thought it was great got my first Lich King down and my first hardmodes but after 2 of the best officers left on some guild drama things started going downhill from there. That is why I'm looking for a new guild.

Please list what raid experience you have had on any character both in vanilla wow, TBC and WotLK
In vanilla i wasn't really the raider type, I had a rogue and was doing mostly bgs and world pvp (r.i.p. world pvp) tho after I visited those awesome level 60 dungeons I kinda felt sorry I didn't raped c'thun or ragnaros back then. Then I started playing again midway TBC with some irl mates, had my own guild, we weren't really hardcore but we cleared ZA, Kara, SSC, Hyjal, Gruul, Maggy, BT and a little SWP. We had to quit because of school stuff s here I am now, back for Cataclysm but I just couldn't wait so I had to kill the Lich King in 10man, 9 bosses in 25man, first 4 hardmodes in 10man, ToGC10, ToC25, Ony10/25, OS 3D 10/25. I kinda feel a little sorry I missed Naxx and Uld, I wish I could've done these now but nobody is going there unless it's a guild run for mounts or anything like that. I know my experience might be a little low for what you guys are looking for but i always make sure i know the tactics before every boss.

4. Character Knowledge
What stats do you value when choosing a new piece of gear and why?
I play a rogue since vanilla, used to be the MT in TBC but I decided to roll a rogue again for Wotlk. Of course rogues got changed since vanilla just like any other class and I always do some research no matter what class I play. The main stats for a rogue are hit rating, expertise and armon penetration (for combat). Hit rating has to be over 315 because that's the poison/spell hit cap and expertise 26/26. The ArP cap is around 1400 but this is what I like about the combat rogue, the hard to reach cap.

What do you feel your role in the raid is? Choose a fight which you are familiar with and you feel displays your classes role well and explain how you perform your task in this fight.
I like disarming traps LOL. I like it when I first vanished from a mutated ooze on my first putri 25 kill, I didn't even knew that it would work and everyone was like wtf why did the ooze stopped and didn't explode Very Happy Other than that, rogues don't really have anything more to bring to a raid, they are just a pure dps class with some tricks up their sleeve Smile

What glyphs have you chosen for raiding purposes and why?
The classic glyphs for combat, glyph of sinister strike for the extra combo, glyph of killing spree for the smaller cd on the burst and glyph of eviscerate for more crits Smile

What addons do you feel would help you perform your role in a raid?
Boss mods, omen threat, recount

5.Mandatory questions
- Top 3 favourite songs: Pfff I don't have a top 3, it's impossible, I mostly listen to trance music and club music so I'll tell you the 3 songs I'm listening at the moment: Daniel Kandi - Venice Beach (Lifted Mix), Robert Burian Featuring Zdenka Predna - You (Club Mix), Radio Slave Feat Danton Eeprom - Grindhouse (Dubfire Terror Planet Remix)
- Top 5 favourite movies / series:
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Reservoir Dogs, Fight Club, Prison Break, Gossip Girl <3
- Favourite book (one will do, even if it's just the Ikea catalogue):
Lord of the Flies
- Name 3 WoW related sites and discuss how they are useful tools for bettering your raiding ability: I mostly follow to MMO-Champion for all the juicy updates, MaxDPS for gear, ElitistJerks for spreadsheets and Arena Junkie to satisfy my PvP needs once in a while.
- Are you a keyboard turner?
No but I sometimes can't help myself to click click click Very Happy
- What is your greatest weakness as a WoW player? What do you do to counteract this?
Greatest weakness? Hmm, having to sleep 8 hours per day to not die. I try to counteract this with Red Bull and ice coffee Very Happy
- What is your your greatest strength as a WoW player?
I always like to prepare myself for something, anything, I just research it, read it through.
- Are you the original owner of your WoW Account?
Yes

6. Motivation and Ambition
What do you believe you can bring to 'Lemniscate' and what do you feel you can get of the guild?
I'm very ambitious, committed and receptive. I tend to think things through too much and sometimes this isn't good, sometimes you have to risk it! Smile I think some fresh meat would be good for you, it helps keep things more clean. I'm not expecting much from you guys, I just hope you are a nice core of raiders with the same motive and the same common goal to bond relations, down bosses and get some epix lewtz Very Happy
We are going to attempt a new boss this week, how do you prepare yourself for the encounter?
Reading the tactics, optimizing my spec and gear, anything to be helpful for the raid.
Is there anything else you have to add that you feel could help your application?
Not much to add, hope you enjoyed this application, thanks for taking the time and hope to see all of you on /g Smile

7. Final
- A good joke: a woman out of the kitchen.
Back to top Go down
Evident

PostSubject: Re: Evident, Combat Rogue   Sat May 08, 2010 2:17 am

Apparently the armory link and the UI one didn't work

Back to top Go down
Evident

PostSubject: Re: Evident, Combat Rogue   Sat May 08, 2010 2:19 am

Trying again with the links ...

If this won't work just search for Evident in the armory Smile
Back to top Go down
vancoven
Forum User

PostSubject: hey   Sun May 09, 2010 7:07 pm

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sunstrider&cn=Evident the armory link
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kristern
Forum User

PostSubject: Re: Evident, Combat Rogue   Sun May 09, 2010 10:49 pm

Evident <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evident, Combat Rogue   

Back to top Go down

Evident, Combat Rogue