Lemniscate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild on Sunstrider-EU. Formerly known as Pinehearst on Magtheridon-EU

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Zwon Fury Warrior apply.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kourris1

Zwon Fury Warrior apply. Empty
PostSubject: Zwon Fury Warrior apply.   Zwon Fury Warrior apply. EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 10:59 pm

1. Personal Details
Name: Nicolas Kourris

Do you have a working microphone and are you willing to use it? (if the answer is No please stop here)
Yes that will not be a problem.

How often a week can you reasonably be available to raid?
I can raid at any day and at any time.

Do you know anyone in Lemniscate?
Nope...

Do you currently have or will you in the near future have any circumstances which will affect your ability to raid?
Nope, not really.

2. Character Details
Class and Spec: My Character is a cute little (NOT) Cow Warrior called Zwon and is currently specced as Fury / Arms. However, i prefer playing with Fury rather than Arms for various reasons. One of them is that i make more dps/dmg with Fury. In addition, i find the Fury rotation a lot more interesting and fun to play with rather than the Arms rotation. Another reason is that i just love the sensation of carrying/holding two massive two-handers, that makes my cow looking a lot more scary ^^ . Btw, i have recently specced to PvP Arms due to playing arena with an irl friend, of course if needed i can respec to PvE Arms.

Level:80
Server: Sunstrider
/Played (Total & 80):
156 days, 12 hours, 57 minutes, 0 seconds ( /facepalm)

Professions: My professions are Engineering and Mining. I chose Engineering due to the fact that you can make lots of funny stuff along with some useful enchants(340 haste rating on gloves, Crt chance + rocket boost on boots, 23 agility on cloak). I chose Mining in order to farm the required mats for my Engineering items. Oh, and for gold too of course.

Armory Link: ( isn't he just adorable? -.-)

Please provide us with a screenshot of your UI:

Please provide a link to your level 80 raiding spec:

Do you have any high level alts (i.e. lvl 60+)?: noes..

State an achievement that your proud of:
Hmm, i can't say i have one that makes me proud or anything -.-

3. Previous Experience
Please list the guilds you have previously been a member of. What experiences did you have with these guilds and why did you leave them? Back in Maggy i used to be in a guild called "Craps" . With them i have cleared up to 7 bosses in 25 man Icc and had some decent tries on Blood Queen, Professor Putricide and Valithria.. However, the officers found it suitable for them to transfer to Sunstrider and create a new guild. Thus, after the guild being almost disbanded, i decided to /gleave too and try my luck in Sunstrider as well. My current guild is called Anima Noctem. Can't say i have done any new encounters with them due to the fact that most members show up for just killing the first easy bosses(just the first wing) and then when we are about to try something new they do not show up. I guess they cannot be bothered to wipe and all. -.-

Please list what raid experience you have had on any character both in vanilla wow, TBC and WotLK
Well i cannot say i have any experience from vanilla WoW or TBC for the following reasons. As soon as i dinged 60 , TBC was launced in public a month after, thus i had little time to raid and all. While TBC, i had been doing my mandatory military service which lasts for 24 months. I was out of the army once a week or so, so with that little time i was mostly PvPing with irl friends. I did some Karazhan, Gruul's and Maggy. But thats it, nothing else. In Wrath of the LOL King i have raided, Naxxramas 10/25, Obsidian Sanctum 10/25(3drakes up), Ulduar 10/25(except yoggie - erm, done all Ulduar HM's in 10 man except damn yoggie again- he just wouldnt go down -.- ) , ToC 10/25, ToGC 10(Tribute to Mad Skill, erm unfortunately i do not have any raid experience in ToGC 25) , Icecrown Citadel 10(i have done up to six bosses on 10 man - damn pugs -.-) / 25 man ( up to 7 bosses - had some decent tries on Professor, Valithria, Blood - Queen but unfortunately not the desired result).

4. Character Knowledge
What stats do you value when choosing a new piece of gear and why? Armor Penetration and Strength are my priorities (as long as i'm capped in Hit and Expertise ofc, but that can be easily fixed by gemming the missing stat). I'm trying to get (almost) capped with ArP due to the fact that it kicks ass in raids and boosts my dps a lot more than Strength.

What do you feel your role in the raid is? Choose a fight which you are familiar with and you feel displays your classes role well and explain how you perform your task in this fight
My role can vary in each fight i guess. That is, at Festergut my role is to nuke the shit out of him and not screw things up if i got the spore(stay or run at the grp that misses it), while on Lady D i'm supposed to nuke the adds and then go after her. Well, to be honest i like the Fanction Champions in ToC. In that fight i respec to Arms and keep charging/intercepting for stuns, War Stomping, Taunting, Disarming, Fearing, using shattering throw when needed. I may not do lots of dmg in that way but i guess it really helps the rest of the raid. My point is that your role will probably vary in each case/fight. Yes, you are dps'ing but dont mess up by not following the tacticts and thus being blamed for the raid's wipe.

What glyphs have you chosen for raiding purposes and why?
Glyph of Cleaving(really helps in aoe fights), Glyph of Heroic Strike(says it all i guess), Glyph of Whirlwind(faster WW), Glyph of Bloodrage ( no hp used when being used + rage ^^) , Glyph of Battle ( increases the duration) and Glyph of Command (does the same as the previous glyph)

What addons do you feel would help you perform your role in a raid?
Omen ofc (so as to be aware of my threat)
Deadly Boss mods (gives you a heads up of what is going to happen and of what you should do when the ability occurs)
Sexy Cooldown (buffs, proc cd's, abilities, etc)
Recount
Bartender 4
That's pretty much it i guess.

5.Mandatory questions
- Top 3 favourite songs: Trigger - In Flames, Dance of Eternity - Dream Theater, Wake me up - Evanescence
- Top 5 favourite movies / series: Star Wars Saga( it counts as one movie so shush ;p) , Lotr trilogy (same goes here ;p), Braveheart(epic performance by Mel), CSI ( Las Vegas ofc, the rest are just wannabes -.-), 300 ( i know it does not reflect my history-am cypriot - greek- but i just loved it)
- Favourite book (one will do, even if it's just the Ikea catalogue): Angels and Demons - Dan Brown (he is just awesome)
- Name 3 WoW related sites and discuss how they are useful tools for bettering your raiding ability: Elitist Jerks, Mmo Champion, WoWhead, official game forums.
- Are you a keyboard turner? /facepalm
- What is your greatest weakness as a WoW player? What do you do to counteract this? Hmm, i believe i could be better in PvPing, that is why i have started recently doing Arenas with an irl friend.
- What is your your greatest strength as a WoW player? I guess, being able to know what to do on each encounter by having done my homework. That is, having read on the encounter and being able to cope with it.
- Are you the original owner of your WoW Account? Yesh

6. Motivation and Ambition
What do you believe you can bring to 'Lemniscate' and what do you feel you can get of the guild?
you should be expecting full attendance, preparation and dedication on my behalf. That is, be able to raid at all scheduled raid days and times. As for preparation, i am referring to be acknowledged of the bosses' fights and mechanics. That is to have done my homework(reading) and to watch any relevant videos that will help me understand my role on the particular fight. To carry on with, have consumables, flasks and pots for the fights as well. Moreover, you should be expecting a very organised guy who will put 110% effort in raids so as to reach the desired result. I believe Lemniscate can give me the chance to try new encounters and face end-game bosses. Moreover, new friends would be nice too =)

We are going to attempt a new boss this week, how do you prepare yourself for the encounter?
As i said above. That is, having brought to raid the required pots/flasks. In addition, having read the encounter and having watched some videos so as to know what my role will be and of course, shit loads of gold for the wipefest xD

Is there anything else you have to add that you feel could help your application?
I guess that's pretty much it i guess.

7. Final
- A good joke: A man comes home drunk one night and so he doesn't get into too much trouble he decides to orally satisfy his wife. He goes under the covers and does the deed. Afterwards, he decides to wash the unpleasant taste from his mouth and goes to the bathroom. Sitting on the toilet seat is his wife. "How the hell did you beat me into the bathroom?" He asks amazed. "SHHHH!" She replied "Quiet, you'll wake mother. She's spending the night!"
Back to top Go down
kourris
Forum User

PostSubject: Re: Zwon Fury Warrior apply.   Zwon Fury Warrior apply. EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 11:03 pm

Kourris1 wrote:
1. Personal Details
Name: Nicolas Kourris

Do you have a working microphone and are you willing to use it? (if the answer is No please stop here)
Yes that will not be a problem.

How often a week can you reasonably be available to raid?
I can raid at any day and at any time.

Do you know anyone in Lemniscate?
Nope...

Do you currently have or will you in the near future have any circumstances which will affect your ability to raid?
Nope, not really.

2. Character Details
Class and Spec: My Character is a cute little (NOT) Cow Warrior called Zwon and is currently specced as Fury / Arms. However, i prefer playing with Fury rather than Arms for various reasons. One of them is that i make more dps/dmg with Fury. In addition, i find the Fury rotation a lot more interesting and fun to play with rather than the Arms rotation. Another reason is that i just love the sensation of carrying/holding two massive two-handers, that makes my cow looking a lot more scary ^^ . Btw, i have recently specced to PvP Arms due to playing arena with an irl friend, of course if needed i can respec to PvE Arms.

Level:80
Server: Sunstrider
/Played (Total & 80):
156 days, 12 hours, 57 minutes, 0 seconds ( /facepalm)

Professions: My professions are Engineering and Mining. I chose Engineering due to the fact that you can make lots of funny stuff along with some useful enchants(340 haste rating on gloves, Crt chance + rocket boost on boots, 23 agility on cloak). I chose Mining in order to farm the required mats for my Engineering items. Oh, and for gold too of course.

Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sunstrider&cn=Zwon&gn=Anima+Noctem ( isn't he just adorable? -.-)

Please provide us with a screenshot of your UI: https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/wowscrnshot031410190129.jpg/

Please provide a link to your level 80 raiding spec: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Sunstrider&cn=Zwon&group=2

Do you have any high level alts (i.e. lvl 60+)?: noes..

State an achievement that your proud of:
Hmm, i can't say i have one that makes me proud or anything -.-

3. Previous Experience
Please list the guilds you have previously been a member of. What experiences did you have with these guilds and why did you leave them? Back in Maggy i used to be in a guild called "Craps" . With them i have cleared up to 7 bosses in 25 man Icc and had some decent tries on Blood Queen, Professor Putricide and Valithria.. However, the officers found it suitable for them to transfer to Sunstrider and create a new guild. Thus, after the guild being almost disbanded, i decided to /gleave too and try my luck in Sunstrider as well. My current guild is called Anima Noctem. Can't say i have done any new encounters with them due to the fact that most members show up for just killing the first easy bosses(just the first wing) and then when we are about to try something new they do not show up. I guess they cannot be bothered to wipe and all. -.-

Please list what raid experience you have had on any character both in vanilla wow, TBC and WotLK
Well i cannot say i have any experience from vanilla WoW or TBC for the following reasons. As soon as i dinged 60 , TBC was launced in public a month after, thus i had little time to raid and all. While TBC, i had been doing my mandatory military service which lasts for 24 months. I was out of the army once a week or so, so with that little time i was mostly PvPing with irl friends. I did some Karazhan, Gruul's and Maggy. But thats it, nothing else. In Wrath of the LOL King i have raided, Naxxramas 10/25, Obsidian Sanctum 10/25(3drakes up), Ulduar 10/25(except yoggie - erm, done all Ulduar HM's in 10 man except damn yoggie again- he just wouldnt go down -.- ) , ToC 10/25, ToGC 10(Tribute to Mad Skill, erm unfortunately i do not have any raid experience in ToGC 25) , Icecrown Citadel 10(i have done up to six bosses on 10 man - damn pugs -.-) / 25 man ( up to 7 bosses - had some decent tries on Professor, Valithria, Blood - Queen but unfortunately not the desired result).

4. Character Knowledge
What stats do you value when choosing a new piece of gear and why? Armor Penetration and Strength are my priorities (as long as i'm capped in Hit and Expertise ofc, but that can be easily fixed by gemming the missing stat). I'm trying to get (almost) capped with ArP due to the fact that it kicks ass in raids and boosts my dps a lot more than Strength.

What do you feel your role in the raid is? Choose a fight which you are familiar with and you feel displays your classes role well and explain how you perform your task in this fight
My role can vary in each fight i guess. That is, at Festergut my role is to nuke the shit out of him and not screw things up if i got the spore(stay or run at the grp that misses it), while on Lady D i'm supposed to nuke the adds and then go after her. Well, to be honest i like the Fanction Champions in ToC. In that fight i respec to Arms and keep charging/intercepting for stuns, War Stomping, Taunting, Disarming, Fearing, using shattering throw when needed. I may not do lots of dmg in that way but i guess it really helps the rest of the raid. My point is that your role will probably vary in each case/fight. Yes, you are dps'ing but dont mess up by not following the tacticts and thus being blamed for the raid's wipe.

What glyphs have you chosen for raiding purposes and why?
Glyph of Cleaving(really helps in aoe fights), Glyph of Heroic Strike(says it all i guess), Glyph of Whirlwind(faster WW), Glyph of Bloodrage ( no hp used when being used + rage ^^) , Glyph of Battle ( increases the duration) and Glyph of Command (does the same as the previous glyph)

What addons do you feel would help you perform your role in a raid?
Omen ofc (so as to be aware of my threat)
Deadly Boss mods (gives you a heads up of what is going to happen and of what you should do when the ability occurs)
Sexy Cooldown (buffs, proc cd's, abilities, etc)
Recount
Bartender 4
That's pretty much it i guess.

5.Mandatory questions
- Top 3 favourite songs: Trigger - In Flames, Dance of Eternity - Dream Theater, Wake me up - Evanescence
- Top 5 favourite movies / series: Star Wars Saga( it counts as one movie so shush ;p) , Lotr trilogy (same goes here ;p), Braveheart(epic performance by Mel), CSI ( Las Vegas ofc, the rest are just wannabes -.-), 300 ( i know it does not reflect my history-am cypriot - greek- but i just loved it)
- Favourite book (one will do, even if it's just the Ikea catalogue): Angels and Demons - Dan Brown (he is just awesome)
- Name 3 WoW related sites and discuss how they are useful tools for bettering your raiding ability: Elitist Jerks, Mmo Champion, WoWhead, official game forums.
- Are you a keyboard turner? /facepalm
- What is your greatest weakness as a WoW player? What do you do to counteract this? Hmm, i believe i could be better in PvPing, that is why i have started recently doing Arenas with an irl friend.
- What is your your greatest strength as a WoW player? I guess, being able to know what to do on each encounter by having done my homework. That is, having read on the encounter and being able to cope with it.
- Are you the original owner of your WoW Account? Yesh

6. Motivation and Ambition
What do you believe you can bring to 'Lemniscate' and what do you feel you can get of the guild?
you should be expecting full attendance, preparation and dedication on my behalf. That is, be able to raid at all scheduled raid days and times. As for preparation, i am referring to be acknowledged of the bosses' fights and mechanics. That is to have done my homework(reading) and to watch any relevant videos that will help me understand my role on the particular fight. To carry on with, have consumables, flasks and pots for the fights as well. Moreover, you should be expecting a very organised guy who will put 110% effort in raids so as to reach the desired result. I believe Lemniscate can give me the chance to try new encounters and face end-game bosses. Moreover, new friends would be nice too =)

We are going to attempt a new boss this week, how do you prepare yourself for the encounter?
As i said above. That is, having brought to raid the required pots/flasks. In addition, having read the encounter and having watched some videos so as to know what my role will be and of course, shit loads of gold for the wipefest xD

Is there anything else you have to add that you feel could help your application?
I guess that's pretty much it .

7. Final
- A good joke: A man comes home drunk one night and so he doesn't get into too much trouble he decides to orally satisfy his wife. He goes under the covers and does the deed. Afterwards, he decides to wash the unpleasant taste from his mouth and goes to the bathroom. Sitting on the toilet seat is his wife. "How the hell did you beat me into the bathroom?" He asks amazed. "SHHHH!" She replied "Quiet, you'll wake mother. She's spending the night!"

/double facepalm(when one is not enough) i forgot that you need to be logged in to post ui's, links and all.
Back to top Go down
Miriel
Forum User
Miriel

PostSubject: Re: Zwon Fury Warrior apply.   Zwon Fury Warrior apply. EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 12:56 am

I love ur taste in both movies and music!!!
Back to top Go down
Izzak
Forum User
Izzak

PostSubject: Re: Zwon Fury Warrior apply.   Zwon Fury Warrior apply. EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 1:23 pm

He doesn't like CSI Miami, Decline him nao!!!1!!
Back to top Go down
Squeeshy
Admin
Squeeshy

PostSubject: Re: Zwon Fury Warrior apply.   Zwon Fury Warrior apply. EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:38 pm

-PvP Gear on armory, with expertise softcap - You shouldn't have a single point of expertise in PvP gear, btw :p
-IF and DT, clearly a superior taste in music... or so I thought until I read evanescence :<
-Mega Fail Default UI
-Knowledge seems ok from app, can't really check char due to the first reason being pointed out.

Anyway, we're really tight on melee spots all the time, just had our trial fury warrior becom a member yesterday night too, whom despite the currently shit gear is quite promissing.
I am very sorry but mainly for what I just said above, I'm afraid that currently we are unable to add a fury warrior to our ranks. I wish you the best of luck to find a good guild man, you seem to deserve it.
Back to top Go down
https://lemniscate.forumotion.com
kourris
Forum User

PostSubject: Re: Zwon Fury Warrior apply.   Zwon Fury Warrior apply. EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:43 pm

-Well as for ur first thing u pointed out, you can clearly see that my PvP gear is also consisted from PvE gear as well.. AS i have said in the application i have started recently doing PvP thus am trying to gear up as PvP..
-Mega fail UI? Well not for me ;p It's full of keybindings and it is so convenient for me. Each guys has its own stuff, i could say the same the same about ur UI, right? ;p
- Evanescence are good too man, they have got some songs that they stand out and they kick ass ;p
-Fucking Armory, i have logged out in PvE gear and it shows me on PvP -.-

Anwz, no worries man, thanks a lot though =))))) Awesome profile pic btw xDDD

c ya around...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zwon Fury Warrior apply.   Zwon Fury Warrior apply. Empty

Back to top Go down

Zwon Fury Warrior apply.
Page 1 of 1