Lemniscate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild on Sunstrider-EU. Formerly known as Pinehearst on Magtheridon-EU

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Feral Dps, Tank - offspec

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Maskara
Forum User

Feral Dps, Tank - offspec Empty
PostSubject: Feral Dps, Tank - offspec   Feral Dps, Tank - offspec EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 1:58 pm

1. Personal Details
Name: Martin

Do you have a working microphone and are you willing to use it? (if the answer is No please stop here)
- Ofcourse, even really enjoy conversations after progressing raids, because most of raiders are tired, nervous and yelling bullshits Very Happy

How often a week can you reasonably be available to raid?
- Have alot of stuff irl, travveling alot and doing office stuff but í think i'll manage to be prepared and ready for allmost all raids(really rarely happen to have an important meeting wich may cause me to late for raid start)

Do you know anyone in Lemniscate?
- Only one person called Navixo, he is bulgarian aswell Smile

Do you currently have or will you in the near future have any circumstances which will affect your ability to raid?
- I dont think so. Keep working hard, but 2 years so far i manage to keep high raid attendance(used to adjust my daily programe well Razz )

2. Character Details
Class and Spec: Druid, Feral Dps - mainly, tank - offspec
Level: 80
Server: Sunstrider/
Played (Total & 80):
- Total: 394 days, At level 80: 81 days

Professions:
- Enchanting, Jewelcrafting - currently skilling up

Armory Link:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sunstrider&cn=Maskara currently in dps gear. Still adjusting and regemming if thre is a need of or want to experiment with different gemming. I often make full regem and try how is dps going on..always trying different and more ways to increase dps. In about 2-3 days i'll solve expertise with a new set piece. Tank wise, Toc25 level gear, mostly 245 il items.

Please provide us with a screenshot of your UI:
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img710/500/wowscrnshot031210120733.jpg

Please provide a link to your level 80 raiding spec:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Sunstrider&cn=Maskara

Do you have any high level alts (i.e. lvl 60+)?:
- While TBC i raided with 4 characters - Rogue, Druid, Shaman and Warlock. But in WOTLK i dont have much time for takign care for 4 toons, so currently i have alot of lowbies at level 60-70.

State an achievement that your proud of:
- Sounds crappy but i enjoy : [40 Exalted Reputations] , because before faction change i had 39/40 for months and after change i remained with 35/40 - so farming again Neutral

3. Previous Experience
Please list the guilds you have previously been a member of. What experiences did you have with these guilds and why did you leave them?
- Horde wise: Since start of WoW untill end of TBC i've been in only one guild called Bad Omen on Dentarg realm with a Rogue - as a main character. I left it because i quit game for 6 months or maybe more. Alliance wise: I made this druid at very beginning of WoW aswell, changed 3 realms and 4 guilds - leaving because of slow progress or guild disband.
I'm not counting the lowbies "running arround" the main characters.

Please list what raid experience you have had on any character both in vanilla wow, TBC and WotLK
Horde, Rogue:
- Vanilla: ZG- full clear, Aq20 - full clear, MC- full clear, BWL - full clear, Aq40 - full clear, Naxx - full clear
- TBC: Kara - full clear, Gruul - full clear, Mag's Lair - clear, SSC - full clear, TK - full clear, MH - full clear, BT - full clear(5th EU kill Very Happy), SWP - full clear
- WOTLK: Quit game and let my brother to take lead of this rogue(including now)
- Alliance, Druid:
- Vanilla: ZG- full clear, Aq20 - full clear, MC- full clear, BWL - full clear, Aq40 - full clear, Naxx - 3 wings cleared
- TBC: Kara - full clear, Gruul - full clear, Mag's Lair - clear, SSC - full clear, TK - full clear, MH - full clear, BT - full clear. SWP - up to twins
- WOTLK: Naxx 10. 25 - clear, OS 10,25 - clear(including 3D in 10 and 25 men mode), EoE 10,25 - clear, Ulduar 10,25 - clear, Toc 10,25 - clear, ICC10 - 7/12, ICC25 - 7/12

4. Character Knowledge
What stats do you value when choosing a new piece of gear and why?
- Always looking for the stats wich are best for my gear orientation, spec and my own gamestyle strategy. As feral dps ofcourse hit and exp cap, currently i'm playing with arp soft cap and stacking haste for cc procs. As tank - stacking stamina, exp, hit, agility for more dodge and armor.

What do you feel your role in the raid is? Choose a fight which you are familiar with and you feel displays your classes role well and explain how you perform your task in this fight
- As a resto druid i really enjoyed most of swp and bt bosses and now i remind for Gurtogg Bloodboil, as a Bloodboiled groups healer - high intensive fight - healing wise. As a Rogue most fights were simmilar but i enjoy most of them aswell, fir an example - Reliquary of Souls - rogues were reealy usefull there for fixate and enrage and ofcourse alot more fight but nothing special is comming up to my mind atm. As a feral dps you are just a ordinary melee, doing high dps(if you are good). Tank wise druids were more specific needed in tbc to be honest, for some bosses in bt and swp were necessary a feral druid, like Gurtogg(even a feral with high resilience was a must, Brutallus, Illidan's adds - druids kept high ammount of healing points and avoidance in fr gear...and some more bosses in tbc.

What glyphs have you chosen for raiding purposes and why?
- For dps: Glyph of Rip(because increase rip duration wich is important), Glyph of Shred, Glyph of Savage Roar (3% more dmg is important aswell)
- for Tank: Glyph of Maul(hit 2 targets wich makes tanking groups alot easy), Glyph of Frenzied Regeneration(heal 20% more powerfull), Glyph of Survival instincts(important one, gives 15% more hp while its poped)

What addons do you feel would help you perform your role in a raid?
- DBM, Omen, Parrot, Grid, Pitbull, Recount, Decursive or Smart Debuff, Cooldown Addons like Sexy Cooldown and Dot timers, also heared of some addons for kittens wich actually inform you what ability to use next - never ever used such an addon, i think it's for weak people.

5.Mandatory questions
- Top 3 favourite songs: Can't name 3 favourite songs...i enjoy listening most of commercial music Smile
- Top 5 favourite movies / series: Star Wars, Avatar, Die Hard, Farenheit 9/11, Sin city and alot more..
- Favourite book (one will do, even if it's just the Ikea catalogue):
- A tough one.."Bulgarian mafia bosses in 90's".
- Name 3 WoW related sites and discuss how they are useful tools for bettering your raiding ability:
- www.mmo-champion.com, http://druid.wikispaces.com/ToskksDPSGearMethod, www.wowwiki.com and alot more, depends what kind of info i need.
- Are you a keyboard turner?
- ...and mouse clicker..
- What is your greatest weakness as a WoW player? What do you do to counteract this?
- Well i'm used to raid really hardcore and when some really stupid mistakes are causing wipes and reducing the performance, i'm loosing my nerves(mostly smashing keyboard), but in the last year i'm calmed Smile
- What is your your greatest strength as a WoW player?
- Dedicated, experienced and aiming to the very high player. Totally dislike fails and always trying to do my best.
- Are you the original owner of your WoW Account?
- Yes i am.

6. Motivation and Ambition
What do you believe you can bring to 'Lemniscate' and what do you feel you can get of the guild?
- I think i can bring a mature person, pass throu everything in this game so far and ofcourse friendly, funny guy. I beleive from Lemniscate i can get really nice friendships with mature and cool persons:)

We are going to attempt a new boss this week, how do you prepare yourself for the encounter?
- Reading all possible tactics, watch movies(trying to see from diferent pov's, classes), also trying to make my own tactic and options of the main so i can help with an advice if there is a need of. I wont comment consumables, they are must by default.

Is there anything else you have to add that you feel could help your application?
- Yeah an important note. While i was alliance my ex guild called Aftermath disbanded while ulduar was launched, so i went casual with this druid. In the meaning of this persinally i did eight hardmodes and algalon both on 10 and 25 men versions with my brother's orc rogue character named Archstanton. We are both playing Warcraft, we were in same guild before WOTLK.

7. Final
- A good joke:
- Its a dirty one Smile A hitchhiker is walking along the road and trying to stop some viehicle, but noone stops whole day. Finally a tuck stoped next to her and she asked the driver to take her to the nearest town. He said he will take her with a condition. He asked her to make him a blowjob. She said"ok". She jumped in the truck and they kept going ahead. She start making him a blow job but suddenly the truck crashed...The driver get in consciousness and saw 2 years in his hands, the girl was gone. He got out of the truck and start looking for her but was jsut missing..While he is passing some forest he met a shephert and asked him: "Have you seen a girl running arround without ears?",the shephart answered: "No , but i saw a girl running with a huge cock in her mouth" Very Happy
[b][b]
Back to top Go down
Squeeshy
Admin
Squeeshy

PostSubject: Re: Feral Dps, Tank - offspec   Feral Dps, Tank - offspec EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 5:20 pm

A good application, haven't seen something like this in quite a long while...

Anyway just one question:
Quote :

WOTLK: Quit game and let my brother to take lead of this rogue(including now)
I didn't quite get it, are the druid and the rogue on the same account? Does that mean that he'll often be online instead of you, possibly at raid times? Guessing not, but it wasn't fully clear, or if it was I missed it sorry ;p

Rusty, please give me a review of this application when you can. Will Izzak be getting competition? What a Face
Back to top Go down
https://lemniscate.forumotion.com
Izzak
Forum User
Izzak

PostSubject: Re: Feral Dps, Tank - offspec   Feral Dps, Tank - offspec EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 5:55 pm

Squeeshy wrote:

Rusty, please give me a review of this application when you can. Will Izzak be getting competition? What a Face

I dno, can he make logos? Razz
Back to top Go down
Unborn
Forum User
Unborn

PostSubject: Re: Feral Dps, Tank - offspec   Feral Dps, Tank - offspec EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 6:12 pm

Competition = More fun => Lets us see who will cut it...
Back to top Go down
Rustycow
Forum User

PostSubject: Re: Feral Dps, Tank - offspec   Feral Dps, Tank - offspec EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 2:19 pm

Both the dps and the tank specc are good. And he have the best glyphs for both speccs. It looks like he knows his class well and have been playing it enought to get experince with all speccs. And the apply is good but as squeeshy said want that about your brother explained abit.

But i would like too know abit more about tanking style, what kind of rotation and prios you have. What you think the feral druids strong sides are and what you looking for when picking the tanking gear. And as you said most of the gear you got are from toc25 so i want to know your experience in tanking.

But the dps part looked realy good.

/Rusted
Back to top Go down
Maskara
Forum User

PostSubject: Re: Feral Dps, Tank - offspec   Feral Dps, Tank - offspec EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 6:58 pm

Squeeshy wrote:

Anyway just one question:
Quote :

WOTLK: Quit game and let my brother to take lead of this rogue(including now)
I didn't quite get it, are the druid and the rogue on the same account? Does that mean that he'll often be online instead of you, possibly at raid times? Guessing not, but it wasn't fully clear, or if it was I missed it sorry ;p

Sorry for the confusing situation wich happens..
This druid and the rogue wich i mentioned in the aplication are on different accounts. Aswell my brother doesnt have anything in common with this druid. In the meaning of this i'm the only person who is playing on this character.

Quote :

But i would like too know abit more about tanking style, what kind of rotation and prios you have. What you think the feral druids strong sides are and what you looking for when picking the tanking gear. And as you said most of the gear you got are from toc25 so i want to know your experience in tanking.

As far as i get it you ask me how do i tank. First of all depends what is the situaion. I'll start with a common one mob/boss tanking. Pressing enrage for generating rage and waiting untill 2 or 1 seconds before it fades out(because start tanking boss with 16% decreased armor isnt very good idea), then i'm ressing Maul button so when i pull boss with Faerie fire or Charge it i'll instantly hit him with Maul and Mangle after, wich gives a good threat to begin the fight with. Demoralizing Roar to reduce the damage taken and start applying Lacerate wich gives an innate threat. Always keeping Mangle up - it has highest prio. Constantly spamming lacerate between Mangles and Mauls (not just keeping 5 stacks and refreshing), but always keep enough rage to renew mangle. Ofcourse renewing Demoralizing Roar and Faerie Fire. Higher ammount of haste also makes rotation runnig better.
While tanking a group of mobs it gets abit different. Usually i start tanking groups with Swipe followed by Demoralizing Roar, then continue swiping and here comes the plus from Glyph of Maul. Between swipes i press Maul wich affect two targets and makes things easy. If the group is from 2 or 3 mobs between swipes i'm applying lacerates to each mob aswell for better threat. with bigger groups it's simmilar but between swipes i'm applying lacerate to each mob if there is time ofcourse.
About my tanking experience. I'll be honest. In TBC i rarely happened to tank raid bosses but all at all i'm experienced tank wise with some bosses in SSC, Tk and Bt. In WOTLK I've tanked whole Naxx, OS, EoE, some bosses in Ulduar, whole toc25 and toc10. I'm not experienced with tanking in ICC. I know the tanking tactics of 1st four bosses and bosses in Plagueworks(positioning, debuff switching etc.) but i havent personally tanked in there. I'm not counting the heroics wich is daily tanking. Thanks why i'm honestly announing it.

About the strong side of feral tanks i think drudis are still on of the best tanking classes. First of all the high ammount of healing points, impressive avoidance and not on last spot the high armor wich is helpfull against physical debuffs (aka dots). Clearcasting ability is also a huge plus for feral tanks.

When i pick a new piece for tanking gear ofcourse i'm following the hit and exp cap. The high ammount of stamina is a must, agility aswell. Haste is important aswell for better rotation.
Back to top Go down
Rustycow
Forum User

PostSubject: Re: Feral Dps, Tank - offspec   Feral Dps, Tank - offspec EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 7:20 pm

Thanks for the answer, it was spot on what i wanted to know. And i will contact you later this night if you are online.

But i'm accepting your application and giving you a trial

welcome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feral Dps, Tank - offspec   Feral Dps, Tank - offspec Empty

Back to top Go down

Feral Dps, Tank - offspec
Page 1 of 1